Who Do I Contact if My Employer Does Not Allow Me to Take a Lunch Break?

No matter where you are in California, contact Strauss Law Group if you have been a victim of an employer who denies meal periods to its employees. We represent employees in lunch break cases throughout California. Meal period cases are one of our main practice areas.

We usually file lunch break cases in civil court, because of the many advantages of filing in civil court as opposed to with the California Labor Commissioner, including the fact that in civil court an employee can go back four years to recover denied meal periods and he or she is entitled to an award of attorney fees.

To learn more about California’s meal period laws, browse our meal and rest period practice area page. If you know you are a victim of denied meal periods, contact Strauss Law Group immediately for a free case evaluation.

Back to FAQs