Dear Ventura Employees:
- Does your employer have you working off the clock?
- Are you working any hours without getting paid?
- Are you forced to arrive early for work, but the clock doesn’t start to run until much later?
If any of your answers to these questions are yes, then you may be entitled to bring an action to recover unpaid minimum wage pay.
At Strauss Law Group, a large percentage of our practice is dedicated to recovering unpaid minimum wages for Ventura employees. If you are owed minimum wages, you must keep in mind that the following rules apply when trying to recover them:
- You should be earning at least $8.00 per hour for every hour you work.
- You can recover unpaid minimum wages going back four years from the date you file a civil lawsuit.
- You are entitled to your attorney fees and costs if you bring a civil lawsuit.
- You may be awarded penalties in the amount of thirty days of wages if any wages are owed you.
- You may be entitled to an additional “liquidated damages” penalty that is equal to all that is owed you for unpaid minimum wages.
- You are entitled to interest on all amounts owed you at the legal interest rate of 10%.
Strauss Law Group may be able to help you bring a lawsuit to recover your unpaid minimum wages. Also, from our experience, you may be owed overtime wages or be entitled to reimbursement for tools you purchased.
Try our minimum wage case evaluator for a quick and easy assessment of your minimum wage claim by Strauss Law Group attorneys.